1st March '99
Announcing NetShift v4.23 Upgrade & AKA v2.0 Automated Kiosk Attendant - FREE to existing customers
NETSHIFT v4.23 FUNCTIONALITY & ENHANCEMENTS
(March 1 1999)
A much requested companion to the 'Allow' Url's is now the ability to create a list of 'Exclude' Url's. One of its many uses is perhaps to not allow visits to a competitors website or on an intranet area that holds confidential information. For more information - put 'Exclude' in the header of a blank email to: email@example.com
AKA v2.0 FUNCTIONALITY & ENHANCEMENTS
For more information - put 'What is AKA' in the header of a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No longer monitors windows but monitors application instances therefore cutting down on false alarms providing greater stability and up-time.
- Log files can be a single continuous log file or a session log file and can be further selected for essential item logging or full item logging.
- Uses a lot less system resources compared to AKA v1.0
FEATURES ALREADY BUILT INTO NETSHIFT:
TIP & TRICKS
- If you activate URL filtering you can block off access to local drives - attempts to these can be from a malicious webpage! For more information - put 'Local Drive Access Blocking' in the header of a blank email to: email@example.com
- You can instead of using a custom button to 'Show' and 'Hide' the NetShift virtual keyboard use an NSCommand in your webpage HTML. This then only shows the virtual keyboard when it is needed and not on pages that don't require user input. For more information - put 'Show/Hide Virtual Keyboard' in the header of a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability, in-built for use with NetShift custom buttons are two NSCommands that can be used to instantly increase or decrease the text size of the web page being viewed by the user. For more information - put 'Zoom' in the header of a blank email to: email@example.com
- Customizing the Windows Startup and Shutdown screens: Even under the best 24/7 operating conditions from time to time your kiosk will be either starting up or re-starting, perhaps right in front of a kiosk user! Have you ever considered customizing the Windows start up and restart screens to deliver your branding or marketing message during those periods? For more information - put 'Windows Startup and Shutdown screens' in the header of a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A certain number of applications such as Powerpoint lend themselves well to being easily run from within a webpage. As opposed to being run as a full screen application, which often has O/S security implications. For more information - put 'Web Page Power Point Application' in the header of a blank email to: email@example.com
- A further disability aid - A simple third party software product can be used to instantly number all the hyperlinks on a web page being viewed by the user. The user can then, with perhaps a very simple/large numerical kiosk keypad, just select the link number and press return to activate. For more information - please see: http://www.adyn.com/web_key/
Our documentation has been upgraded and re-edited for simpler more intuitive reading. The evaluation and full copy software ships with:
NetShift v4.23 upgrade is FREE to existing clients.
- Full Documentation Word 97 format
- Full Documentation HTML format
- 10 Minute 'Quick Start' guide RTF format
- ReadMe TXT format
To get an upgrade - contact your distributor:
AKA v2.0 is a FREE kiosk utility downloadable from:
GET TECH SUPPORT:
GET SALES SUPPORT:
Newsbit furnished by:
A: NetShift Software Ltd.
A: Hughenden Yard, Marlborough, Wilts,SN8 1LT, UK
T: +44 (0)1672 511 094
F: +44 (0)1672 511 078